I confess, I’m a summer girl. I grew up in San Diego where endless summers allowed for year-round flip-flops, short shorts and sunglasses spring, summer, and well through September. But since graduating college, I’ve been traveling abroad and I’ve lived in cities where winter is a reality. From Chicago, Illinois to Stuttgart, Germany, I’ve had my share of winter weather: snow, bitter cold, sleet and gray skies for weeks. Now I live in Shanghai, China and we’re at the cusp of winter. And you know what I’ve learned? Winter is the best excuse for the most delicious winter wear. From cashmere to angora, silk to suede, winter is all about the most touchable, most feel-good fashion of the year. Wrap yourself up with the coziest coats and softest sweaters with my favorite picks of the season.
1. Cashmere sweater. J. Crew Collection. USD $190.
2. Silk camisole. Dolce & Gabbana. Lace-trimmed stretch-silk satin camisole. USD $600.
3. Wool-blend jacket. Curty. Wool-blend jacket. USD $770.
4. Cashmere silk sweater. Mui Mui. Cashmere and silk-blend sweater. USD $550.
5. Suede jacket. Title A. Suede Jacket. USD $955.
6. Shearling coat. Burberry Prorsum. Suede and shearling coat. USD $4,995.
7. Faux fur jacket. Karl Lagerfeld. Eveline faux fur jacket. USD $545.