We’ve gone through nearly every possibility of jeans in the last year from colored to distressed, white to black, ultra light wash to embellished indigo. This spring saw the rise of the camo print pant which leaves us wondering what could possibly be next. Try railroad stripe jeans! In light wash or dark navy, those little stripes can make any outfit instantly standout and bring a new level of style to your wardrobe.
How to wear railroad stripe jeans:
Unlike printed jeans that need a little more consideration to get an outfit right, railroad stripes on jeans are usually subtle enough to wear with whatever you would wear regular jeans with.
- Play up the white stripes by pairing the pants with a white top or boyish accessories such as suspenders or a hat.
- Pair them with ankle boots for a subtle masculine edge that you can wear everyday.
- In light wash, wear them with metallic flats for a feminine look that’s perfect for spring.
- Wear them with darker colors to let the pants speak for themselves. I like to pair my light wash railroad stripe jeans with a navy top. The contrast brings a level of elegance to an otherwise very casual jean.
- If you’re running a lot of errands or need to be on your feet all day, railroad stripe jeans look great with clean white sneakers. I like a classic pair of Jack Purcells or for some street cred, a pair or FeiYues.
- When you need to dress them up, it’s the fit that important. Stick with a narrow cut or jeggings and pair them with brightly colored heels and a statement necklace.
Feeling inspired to try this new trend? Here are some of our favorites:
Old Navy Railroad Stripe Rockstar Jeans