Think an english garden in the soft afternoon light. Or a mermaid leaping from the waves at dawn. This spring eyeshadow is all about the shimmer in soft, luminescent colors in glittering pastels. Blush pink, powder blue and lilac bring freshness to your face and complement the rich textures of spring. Here are our favorite shades and some tips on wearing colored shadow this season.
1. theBalm Down Boy Shadow and Blush – using blush as eyeshadow is totally acceptable. Especially with lighter complexions, pink and peach shades can look great on the eyes and adds just a touch of color to your face. Get it here, from USD $21.
2. Vegan Mineral Eyeshadow Spring Mist – green eyeshadow looks exotic on olive complexions but can be worn but just about anyone. Wear a green with a cooler tone if you have pink tones in your skin and choose one that is warmer with shimmers of gold if your complexion has more yellow in it. With peachy cheeks and pink lips, the green is a beautiful contract that is inspired by a spring garden. Find this version here for just USD $6.50.
3. bareMinerals Green Eye Color Eyeshadow – this color is blue but the flecks of green make it look really spectacular if you have green eyes. Use cool colors such as this one for a very casual look that you can wear just about anywhere. You can find it here, from USD $13.
4. Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Foxy – a great shade to take to work, this cream color works with any skin tone but really pops on darker complexions where it brightens eyes dramatically. You can also add a little bit to the underside of your brow bone to highlight your brows. Visit Urban Decay for this color and others.
5. Napoleon Perdis Loose Eyedust in Lilac Mist– lavender and lilac are this year’s hottest hues. Wear this color with reckless abandon and watch the heads turn. Very on trend and absolutely chic. Lucky for you, it’s right here for USD $20.27.
How to wear it:
Tip: Match the color to your outfit a la Lupita Ngyogo. Whether you’re in bold colors or soft shades, match your eyeshadow to your outfit for a pulled together look that shows your style.
Tip: Use 2 different colors. Apply one color on the inside half of your eyelid and apply a different color on the outside. Blend them slightly in the middle for a very fairy-like look. Add tons of translucent over the whole lid for a look that’s ready for the evening.
Tip: With a bare face, just add a line of color for a subtle way to wear spring eyeshadow to work. You can use a colored eyeliner for this effect or wet the tip of your makeup brush and use it with your loose eyeshadow for a modern look.
Don’t be afraid to try new colors this spring and remember, if you’re not shimmering, you’re not doing it right.