Expressing your own personal sense of style can be accomplished in a number of ways, from the clothing you wear to the type of jewelry you choose. That’s why jewelry layering is so popular these days. It’s a great way to express your fashion style while also displaying your favorite jewelry pieces in the best possible light. This infographic illustrates the basic principles of layering jewelry, which can be very helpful for those seeking to create a bold new look.
- Choose a shorter piece to act as the base.
- Add a second, longer necklace with a different texture, shape or metal type.
- Complete the look with an even longer necklace than the first two.
- Start with the bracelet you can’t live without.
- Add a detailed metal, such as a cuff.
- Throw in a beaded or wrap bracelet with complementary accent colors.
- Start with the cocktail ring.
- Add a contrasting geometric ring.
- Add a few delicate and stackable rings, including midi and regular, for an increased layering look.
Following these basic principles will help you create the perfect layering looks, from a date night, music festival to work appropriate accessorizing. Learn more via Chan Luu’s infographic below.