Hair loss is a problem which anyone can face in their lifetime. Even though most people feel that women spend a lot of time tending to their hair, men these days are no less and spend an equal amount of time, fretting and fussing over their hair. Everyone get worried when they see the first greys and they are even more concerned when they start to see a lot more hair on their towels and pillows.
If you too have been facing hair loss, there are actually numerous methods by which you can avoid the same, and some of the main ones include:
- Change your hair care routine – If you are losing hair, then the chances are that you are taking care of them in the wrong manner. Even though you need not to wash your hair every day, you do need to make sure that they are always clean. This means that you need to wash them regularly, ideally twice-thrice a week and make sure that you keep your scalp clean as well. When you keep your hair clean, there are lesser chances of you developing problems related to dandruff or other infections. If you are not in the habit of oiling your hair, before you shampoo, you might want to do so, because oiling will not only nourish your hair, it will also make sure that your hair remains naturally hydrated.
- Reconsider your hair care products – If you are losing hair constantly, then chances are that you are using the wrong hair products too. Make sure that you choose hair products that are meant for your hair and you need to invest in products that are of a good brand. When you are picking out hair care products, starting from your shampoo to your conditioner and even your leave in products, you need to make sure that you read the labels properly and not go by how the packaging looks.
- Decipher what is bad for your hair – There are plenty of things that you are doing, which are probably wrong for your hair and the sooner you understand which ones those are, the more hair you will be able to save. For instance, if you are using the wrong hair products, then you need to change them immediately. Similarly, if you have the habit of brushing your hair while they are still wet, you need to stop doing that, because wet hair is much more brittle and prone to breakage. Let hair dry naturally. If you are using a towel to dry your hair, make sure that you do it gently and not with too much force. Both smoking and alcohol are bad for your hair health, as well as general health, which is why you need to steer clear of them. Avoid using chemical products or heat based styling tools, it is important to understand that these will never do your hair good, in the long run, which is why you need to start reducing the usage of the same.
- Do what is good for your hair – To truly avoid hair loss, you also need to start doing things which are good for your hair. This means that you need to drink plenty of water, because you need to keep your body hydrated. When there is enough water in your body, your hair and scalp will also receive the nourishment that it needs. In addition to having plenty of water, you also need to make sure that you have the right type of diet. This means that you need to have plenty of proteins in your diet, because your hair is made up of keratin, which is a protein. Fresh fruits, vegetables and fish should become a part of your regular diet. If you are facing vitamin deficiencies, then you might want supplement the same, but do make sure that you talk to a doctor first. The vitamins that will help to improve your hair condition include A, B and E. You also need to make sure that you keep your body healthy and fit, which means that you need to bring in some kind of physical activity into your regular routine. However, you also need to make sure that your head is sweat free – wash your hair every time you sweat and keep your hair clean.
- Choose ingredients that are good for your hair health – There are ingredients in nature that can promote good health of hair and you should choose to include the same into your regular routine, you will be able to see better hair over time. Garlic juice, ginger juice and onion juice, when rubbed into the scalp and left overnight, can improve hair quality. Remember to wash it off the next day with tepid water. Green tea is also known to improve hair quality – brew green tea and once cool, you should apply it to the hair. Rinse it off completely after one hour. Coconut milk is easy to prepare at home and pure coconut milk can nourish and hydrate your hair. If you can’t get your hands on coconut milk, you could always use organic coconut oil. However, eggs are something that you will be able to get quite easily and if you can bear the smell, this is perhaps the best hair mask for your hair.
So, these are some of reasons that could be at the root of your hair loss problems and solutions to cure, the same can actually be found much more easily than you could imagine.